Save money by using your appliances until they break down



Money Saving Tip on Appliances


My 5 year old Sony CRT 29" TV still works fine and I have no strong desire to upgrade it to a plasma/LCD. "If it ain't broke, then use it until it does is my mantra!"

My refrigerator and washing machine too are still going strong for about 6 years. The only recent indulgence for me in terms of electrical appliances for the home is my Philips vacuum cleaner to make my house cleaning more efficient! ;-)

Did you know that electrical appliances depreciate the most in their first year. Just check out how fast prices fall after 6 months to 1 year when a new model is launched. When plasma and LCD televisions were first rolled out in Singapore, they cost easily in the tens of thousands or high thousands.

Nowadays, a decent 32" model could be had for $2000-$3000 depending on the model and brand.

Living within your means means making the most out of what you already have!

0 comments: